Knox Auto Parts
Limited Warranty Terms
Knox Auto Parts Team PRP standard and extended warranties are limited to the following terms.
By purchasing this part(s) purchaser agrees to the following warranty terms.
- Keep your Invoice! This is proof of purchase as well as showing the type of warranty purchased with the part. All warranty periods begin on the purchase date.
- All parts come with a standard 90 day warranty unless noted otherwise on the front of this invoice. This covers the part only and does not cover labor, shipping expenses or any other expenses incurred by the purchaser (refer to line 12).
- 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranties are available on most drivetrain items at an additional cost at original time of purchase. The 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty must be noted on the front of this invoice to be valid. The labor time on a claim will be paid at a $45 per hour flat rate for R & I time (remove and install) based on the Mitchell labor guide. The Labor claim cannot exceed the cost of the part and warranty.
- Lifetime replacement warranties are available on non-drivetrain items at an additional cost. Lifetime replacement must be noted on the front of this invoice for it to be valid. Lifetime replacement does not cover labor, shipping charges or any other expenses incurred by the purchaser (refer to line 12).
- Warranties are extended to whoever should own the vehicle within the warranty period, provided all paperwork is presented with warranty claim, and will cover replacement, repair or refund (our choice), total not to exceed purchase price. Any repairs or replacement will not extend the warranty.
- Knox Auto Parts will not give a refund if a replacement part is available. Refunds will only be given if a replacement part cannot be provided within 7 days of notification that the part was defective. Refund will be for the amount of the part only.
- Diagnostic Fees – Any diagnostic fees incurred by the purchaser will not be covered by Knox Auto Parts unless approved in advance by a manager at Knox Auto Parts. If diagnosis proves that the part provided by Knox Auto Parts was not at fault, approved diagnostic fees will not be paid by Knox Auto Parts.
- Regarding Engines; Improper installation voids all warranties. Overheating or running low on oil voids all warranties. Warranty covers engine knock, excessive smoke and oil consumption (more than 2 quarts per thousand miles), inadequate oil pressure, spun/turned bearings, head gaskets and cracks in heads, block or pistons. Not covered under any Warranty are oil or fluid leaks. Accessories such as but not limited to oil pans, valve covers, timing covers, harmonic balancer, intake and exhaust manifolds, all engine gaskets, fuel injectors, flywheel, brackets, alternators, starters, water pump, electrical sensors/switches, thermostats, smog emission devices, and timing belts are complimentary and do not necessarily come with the engine and are not covered under the Knox Auto Parts limited warranty. We do not guarantee interchangeability of these items. Labor to transfer accessories is the responsibility of the purchaser. For warranty to be valid, it is the sole responsibility of the installer to perform the following; a) Electrical sensors/switches should be transferred from the original vehicle b) Change oil and filter prior to starting c) Replace timing belt d) Flush cooling system, check radiator flow and replace antifreeze/coolant with 50-50 mix in accordance with the manufacturers recommended type and procedure. e) Install new oil seals and gaskets where necessary (oil leaks are not covered under warranty)
- f) Clean the oil sump screen and pickup tube g) Install a new thermostat h) Keep all service records and invoices for the parts purchased
- Regarding Transmissions; Improper installation voids all warranties. Warranty covers slippage, shifting failures and/or bearing noise.
For warranty to be valid, it is the sole responsibility of the installer to perform the following; a) Thoroughly flush transmission cooling system including lines and cooler. Not performing this procedure is the most frequent cause of replacement transmission failures.
- b) Fully engage the torque converter in the front pump
- c) Install new oil seals and gaskets where necessary (oil leaks are not covered under warranty) d) Replace filter
- e) Fill the transmission with the manufactures’ recommended fluid to the proper level in accordance with the vehicle manufactures’ standards
- f) Clear stored fault codes on computer controlled transmissions prior to test drive
- Regarding Axle Assemblies, Carriers & Transfer Cases; Inspect seals for leakage and replace if necessary, seals are not covered. Brake parts are not covered under the warranty. Fill with the manufactures’ recommended fluid to the proper level in accordance with the vehicle manufactures’ standards. Tires must be the same size or warranty will be voided.
- Regarding Air Conditioning Compressors; labor coverage is not available on A/C compressors. Knox Auto Parts is not responsible for refrigerant cost. It is required that an orifice tube is installed (an invoice for these parts is required for warranty coverage).
- Buyer agrees that Knox Auto Parts will not be responsible for (1) incidental or consequential damage. (2) Lost profits, sales or income. (3) Injury to person or property. (4) Oil, antifreeze, automotive fluids, refrigerant or other substances. (4) Freight charges, shipping charges, towing charges, storage fees, substitute transportation, lodging etc. (5) labor on a gasket kit, or other accessories purchased with an engine.
- No part shall be returned until the initial salesperson has authorized the return. All parts returned must include all external accessories and components assembled back to their original condition unless approved otherwise by a Knox Auto Parts manager.
Knox Auto Parts Core Policy
- Knox Auto Parts recommends the purchaser retain the core until the purchased part has been installed and is operating properly. Knox Auto Parts is not responsible for parts left on a core that has been turned in at the time of sale or at a later date for a core refund.
- All cores must be complete and drained of fluids before they will be accepted as a core return.
- Gasoline engine cores must be assembled and have the block with Crankshaft, Pistons, Camshafts and heads attached.
- Diesel engine cores must be assembled and have the block with Crankshaft, Pistons, Camshafts, head(s), oil pan, fuel delivery system including injectors, injector pump, high pressure oil pump, and turbo if applicable.
- Transmission cores must be assembled and include torque convertor.
- Axle assembly cores must be assembled with axles, housing, and gear assembly or differential carrier assembly.
- Freight costs to return a core to Knox Auto Parts is the responsibility of the purchaser.
Knox Auto Parts Refund Policy
$25 Returned Check Fee
20% Restock fee on returned parts
Refunds will be issued in the same form as original payment. Any cash refund exceeding $250 may need 24 hour notice and may be refunded with a company check. Invoices paid with a check require 14 business days to ensure clearance and the refund will be written to the purchasers name on the check given. Credit and Debit card refunds must be credited to the same card used for the original purchase.